The Plugin Wel!Amazon Adds is an easy way to include Amazon links into your WordPress Blog. It enables the integration of Image Links and Extended Links directly from the Amazon database. These links can be placed into the text or on the sidebar, so that each page gets a suitable sidebar for the topic of the content. For more flexibility, the Amazon links can be displayed as a randomized link or crossfaded several links.
After activating the Plugin, go to Settings, on the left menu and select Wel!Amazon Affiliate. This will get you to the main option page.
The country or the language which you want to use on your blog.
The Partner or Tracking-ID is the username for Amazon Associate or Partner Net (not your Amazon username). You can find it on left top side at the Amazon Associate Webpage.
- Access Key ID:
The Access Key is a new parameter. These is necessary to use the Amazon Web Service for including images from the Amazon Database. You can create a free account on http://aws.amazon.com/.
- Secret Access Key:
After you have created an AWS Account, goto Security Credentials and generate a Secret Access Key. Copy that key and pass it into the textfield.
Enhanced Links Options
- Price Indicator:
Show all prices, only new prices or do not show a price.
- Background Color:
Sets the background color of the Amazon Enhanced Link.
- Border Color:
Sets the border color of the Amazon Enhanced Link. If you do not like having a border, set the border color to the same color as the background color.
- Text Color:
Sets the color of the text.
- Link Color:
Sets the color of the link text.
- Open in Link in a new window:
Opens the link in a new window or in the current window.
- Use small images:
Displays the image with 90×100 or 60×75 pixels.
Image Links Options
Set up the default target for the image links, for the links in your content.
To view Amazon Links on the sidebar, go to Appearance and select Widgets. Drag and drop the Widget Wel!Amazon Affiliate to the desired sidebar and setup your style options. The Widget ID (e.g. Widget WAA3) is a importent information for the usage, you will need it later to assign the link to the corresponding sidebar.
Enhanced Links Layout
- Title: Let this field blank if you do not like to display a title.
- Background Color: Sets the background color of the Amazon Enhanced Link.
- Border Color: Sets the border color of the Amazon Enhanced Link. If you do not like having a border, set the border color to the same color as the background color.
- Text Color: Sets the color of the text.
- Link Color: Sets the color of the link text.
- Price Indicator: Show all prices, only new prices or do not show a price.
- Open in Link in a new window: Opens the link in a new window or in the current window.
- Use small images: Displays the image with 90×100 or 60×75 pixels.
The Default Enhanced Links are links that can be displayed on all sides. There are three options how the links will be displayed:
- On the Start Page, this means that the links of the widgets are only displayed on the homepage.
- On Sidebars without links, on every page where the widget contains no links.
- On all sides.
Type your default ASINs into the text box. The default ASINs are always separated by a line break (Enter key). The different ASIN types are described in the chapter „The ASIN type“ in the text below.
Furthermore, you can setup your own CSS-Class and CSS-Style options. But be careful, do not remove the entry WAA_enhanced.
The most options of Default Image Links are similar to the Default Enhanced Links. In addition, there are the options:
- Images in vertical order, arranges the images centered in the vertical direction one below the other, by adding the css-class
aligincenter. So be careful with the margin command in the CSS-Style. Do not use
1234margin: 0px;margin: 5px 5px;margin: 5px 10px 5px 10px;margin-left: 5px; margin-right: 5px;
- Image Size, with this option you can select the pre defined size of the image.
At this it is irrelevant whether it is a Picture or an Enhanced Link the type is the same for both.
- A singel Link: Is a ten-digit expression, you will find the ASIN at the Product Details of the desired product. For Books it is ISBN-10.
- A random Link: Write several ASINs in succession separated by a coma (e.g. B000EQ46F0,B000G6BJT4,B000KN9G48).
- A toggle Link: Similar to random links but separated by a semicolon (eg. B000KN9G3O;B000EQ46EQ;B000EQ46FA).
|Singel Link||Random Link||Toggle Link|
Insert a Link into the content
For Image or Enhanced Link, type in the ASIN and click the Load Button. After loading you can chose the link alignment and for the image the size.
The usage of Sidebar Link Dialog, is similar to the Default Enhanced Links or Default Image Links. As several widgets can be placed on the sidebar, each widget has an ID e.g. Widget WAA3. Thes IDs are selectable in a drop down menu.
Coming soon, if you tell me some…